We are involved in the soup kitchen at the squatter camp, called Blikkiesdorp. The soup kitchen is a project of Linda Pretorius. Her website:
Churches for the SAN:
- We have been involved with the SAN people for the past 10 years. We have initiated building churches in Bushman Land and Tsintsibis amongst the SAN communities.
Clothes and Blankets for the SAN:
- From time to time we distribute clothes and blankets in these communities.
- Victoria Secret, (VS) the great lingerie company in the USA sent a shipment of brand new clothes to the SAN. Our thanks go to VS!!! We got this contact with Victoria's Secret's Ed Razek through our daughter Behati who is a VS Angel. Behati was personally present to contribute the clothes on behalf of VS.
- A school in Winston-Salem, North Carolina has also contributed clothes to the SAN in Bushmanland.
Food project for the SAN
- The Ministry of Health and Social Services approved a grant to our Welfare Organization (WO23). with this grant we would like to help the San in Bushman Land to clear the bushes in order to plant their own maize. With the grant we will provide food and they do the clearing themselves. The grant also makes provision for feed and fertilizer. By this we hope to get the San self sufficient as far as food production is concerned.
- Namib Mills has been contributing to the San through our Welfare Org (WO23) for many years and we are grateful for their generous support!!!
Religious and Moral training for the SAN
- Geneva Global provided funds to our Living Word Welfare Organization (WO23) to train the SAN in Bushman Land in HIV /AIDS prevention and how to care for the infected.
- They gave us permission to use some of the funds to train leaders of the SAN to live according to Biblical principles. These trained leaders train their local communities in the same principles. The training of the leaders is being done by Degnos Training Center of the Dutch Reformed Church in Grootfontein.
Reaching out to a local congregation in need:
- In 2009 we provided the steel structure for the Body of Christ Congregation in Grootfontein.
- Although we were busy with plans to build our own church, we saw the need of the Body of Christ congregation. They were struggling to get funds together to build their own church building. We took all the money that we had in our Building Fund and we built them a steel structure. Now they are busy with erecting the walls.
- Part of our contribution comes from an individual in Winston-Salem's Lutheran congregation. The person contributed from their family fund for our new church.
Tsintsibis San People
- We saw the need of a church building at Tsintsibis for the congregation. Hentie Henning, a business man from Windhoek, contributed greatly towards the cost to build the church. Henning Crushers of Tsumeb donated bricks. We thank you!! Now the congregation in Tsintsibis worship God in their new church.
- We built a church in Ohangwena and contributed to several other church building projects in the North.
- During the flooding in the North of Namibia 2009, we visited the area and distributed food and clothing to those affected by the flood.